Wednesday 24 August 2011

Mitten Scarf



Seems a weird time of the year to be blogging about this but he is one of my projects and deserves a place up here!



I used super chunky wool from John Lewis (or Jessops as I still call it much to the annoyance of Mr T) and size 15 needles.



Its knitted as one long piece starting with knit one pearl one for about 6 rows, then basket knit until my hands ached and, once folded over, I could fit my hands in the pocket. Then I did knit a row pearl a row for the whole length of the scarf until I got to the other end, then I just did the same as the start but in reverse (This probably makes no sense, I'm very sorry!!! I'm new to this so feel free to shout me out for my bad descriptions)

I then folded over the hand bit, sewed the sides and voila! Scarf with mittens! What I have been meaning to do and will do before this winter is line the mittens with fleece to keep my hands extra warm.


Snug as a bug in a rug

Love Lola x


No comments:

Post a Comment