Wednesday 24 August 2011

Mexican Sugar Skull Picture

I have a mahoosive love of all things Mexican and I really really dig the colourful Mexican skulls. I have done loads of projects over the years which feature these, most notably my wedding shoes, but I shall blog about those soon.

This handsome man is HUGE and sits pride of place in our living room. He is actually a joint project between myself and Mr T, who draw the outlines and then I did all the colour work...we do this a lot actually and I will do another blog with some more of our collaborations


There are all sorts of things going off in this picture, embossing, gem stones, silk flowers, peacock feathers, an old fly curtain shaped with love hearts, black lace...the list goes on!




The face is just made of normal white card, in fact I think it's a cereal box! Painted white and then embossed over the teeth in gold and the hearts in red.




The hands are cheap halloween decorations from Asda a few years ago and the cherries and mini skull are made out of fimo that I baked myself.


Colourful fun, and here he is in situ!!

There's Mr T pretending to ignore me but failing!!

Love Lola x

No comments:

Post a Comment